How much money do home inspectors make?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, home inspectors earn an average annual salary of of $58,000, with the top ten percent earning an average of $89,000. Home inspection is a growing occupation in the U.S and Canada. Over 5 million home inspections are conducted in the United States each year and the percentage of homes inspected is steadily increasing. The vast majority of homes sold this year will have a pre-closing home inspection performed. There is a strong, long-term demand for qualified individuals to start careers as home inspectors. Depending on the area of the country, an average home inspection for a 2,000 square-foot home will cost between $375 to $550. Angie's List members reported paying an average of $473 for a home inspection. The region of the country, value of real estate, and volume of property sales all affect the cost of a home inspection.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What makes a good home inspector?
- What are your professional affiliations?
- What is errors and omissions insurance?
- How much does the course cost?
- How long does the course take?
- Is live classroom training required?
- Should I join a national home inspector association?
- Is PHII's home inspector course good in Canada?
- What are the requirements for my state?
- What do home inspectors inspect?
- How much money do home inspectors make?
- Why should I choose PHII?